Contribution guidelines for Fruitfed Supplies Facts newsletter
Product suppliers, please liaise with your PGG Wrightson / Fruitfed Supplies category manager for specific details. Following are some general guidelines regarding contributions for the Facts newsletter for your information.
Facts editor: Kate Gordon-Smith
1. The preference is for contributions to consist of a short piece of editorial, plus 1-2 relevant images. However, sometimes a 1/4 or 1/2 page advertisement may be published.
2. For editorial submissions, please:
Ensure you have advised the Facts editor by the request deadline - available from your category manager - that you propose making a submission for a particular month’s issue;
Keep to a 250 word limit. If you feel it is essential that a longer story is published, please discuss this with the editor at least a week prior to the contribution deadline (see below). Please note, we are unable to guarantee submitted stories will run at the length provided if space constraints preclude it;
Ensure the content is newsworthy, i.e. a new product, a new registration or new trial data for an existing product, new industry guidelines for product use, etc;
Ensure you have supplied the relevant trademark and ACVM information for your and any other suppliers’ products mentioned;
Supply the text as a Word document.
Supply 1 or 2 relevant images – crop and/or disease photos, research tables, pack shots, logos – in high resolution JPG format.
3. The Facts editor will receive all contributions and edit as required for length, grammar, punctuation and readability. If any revisions are made, all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure a proof (in Word document form) is sent via email for approval to the person who originally submitted the contribution.
4. The Facts editor then collates all contributions and sends this document to the Fruitfed Supplies management team and category managers for comment/approval. Fruitfed Supplies reserves the right to amend any contributed copy, or defer or decline publication for commercial or space reasons. Wherever possible, the supplier will be advised prior to publication and a reason provided.
5. All commercial arrangements regarding Facts contributions remain confidential to the supplier and the relevant Fruitfed Supplies management personnel.
6. A fee may be charged for each contribution to Facts, or an annual fee negotiated between the supplier and Fruitfed Supplies. This should be discussed with your Fruitfed Supplies category manager.